It’s quality that makes Astral one of Australia's leading manufacturer of quality swimming pool and spa products. Astral's aim is to provide the best-quality equipment for commercial and private swimming pools and spas at competitive prices.
There is no substitute for any of the essential elements that ensure durability, quality and dependability within the Astral range of equipment, parts and accessories. Delivering performance, efficiency and quiet operation in every facet of the Astral product. If you fit inferior, non-genuine equipment and parts, you might save money in the short term – but you’re risking damaging the efficiency, reliability and long-life of your Astral pool equipment.
- 9 Star Energy Rating
- Adjustable variable speed settings from 600 RPM to 3600 RPM
- Save up to $700 per year in operating costs
- 3 Year Warranty
- Current model
The large liquid crystal display clearly shows the RPM of the 520 motor and enables adjustment of the start up priming time, priming flow rate, and visual display of each speed setting.
The inbuilt 24-hour timer is easily enabled and provides up to four time periods each day with different speed settings to provide the perfect flow rate for your pool.
- Low speed means ultra quiet allowing operation at night or early morning
- Low speed means lower pressures extending the life of other pool equipment
- Low speed means better filtration resulting in sparkling clear water
- The highlighted row in the table represents the total number of litres pumps per watt of energy used.
- Each Astral P520 pump is tested at factory present speeds but each speed, (low, medium and high) can be changed to suit your individual swimming pool application.
- For purposes of comparison with single speed pumps, the Astral P520 on maximum speed has a similar flow rate to most 1.5 hp pumps.
- The total head represents the total friction losses of both inlet pipe to the pump and returns to pool plumbing including fittings and equipment.
Note how the pump efficiency measured in litres per watt dramatically improves on lower speeds.
Quick Pool Pump Installation Guide:
Installing a pool pump is as simple as swapping out your old pump to a new one. But if the new one isn’t designed to retrofit with your current pump, then don’t worry too much, with some basic tools and some elbow grease, you’ll have your new pump installed in no time.
- Turn off the power to your pool equipment at the mains and switch off any valves leading to and from the pump to give you a splash free-environment while you work.
- Detach the pump from the power supply and unscrew the unions.
- Note: If you have an older pump that’s hard plumbed into your system then you may have to saw off the current pipes. Cut as close to the pump as possible. If this is the case then now might be a good time to install unions.
- Remove the pump and set aside. Position new pump on where the old pump previously was and assess what kind of plumbing needs to be done. It should be as simple as mounting the pump properly and screwing in unions. But if not, do the necessary plumbing work and connect your pump.
- Once the pump is plumbed in, open up all the valves and connect the power.
- Turn on the pump to see if the pump is working. Check for any leaks and that’s it!
Shipping and Returns
- FREE* on orders over $79
- Orders under $79 incur a flat fee
- Stocked orders ship on the same day if placed by 1pm
- Pre Orders are sent within 5-10 business days
- Orders with multiple items can incur shipping fees
Standard Shipping Transit Times:
NSW, QLD & VIC: 3 - 7 business days
WA, SA, TAS & NT: 7 - 14 business days
Express Shipping: From $9.95
NSW, QLD & VIC: 1 - 3 business days
WA, SA, TAS & NT: 3 - 5 business days
International Shipping: From $19.95
Estimated delivery time: 7 - 20 business days
Bulky & Oversized Shipping: From $14.95
Estimated delivery time: 4 - 10 business days
Remote Shipping: From $19.95 -
Estimated delivery time: 3 - 10 business days
*Current postcodes that are classified as remote which may incur a small shipping charge regardless of spend are:
- Western Australia: 6181-6238
- Tasmania: 7100-7470
- South Australia: 5100-5238
- Northern Territory: 0800-0839
Read more shipping info here
Returns - We offer 60 day easy returns from date of purchase. Simply process your return through our online portal and ship it back to our AU warehouse, fully tracked.
Read more returns info here
Payment & Security
Safe Checkout Guaranteed
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.